If you are looking forward to gaming in virtual reality, your current graphics card or the one you are planning to buy should be compatible with the experience. If it is not, you might want to check our list where we are counting down our picks for Top 10 Best Graphics Cards for VR 2020.
Top 10 Best Graphics Cards For VR:
Today’s guide is gonna be a little different where we would share Best Graphics Cards For VR 2020.
You can check our list below and also check out our comparison table (for a quick review) and pros and cons and features (for detailed research).
Having said that, we shall begin with the list!
10 Best Graphics Cards for VR 2020 Products Table:
|Name||Video Ram||Memory Type||Price|
|ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080Ti||11 GB||GDDR5x||Check Details|
|MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1080||11 GB||GDDR5x||Check Details|
|XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS||8 GB||GDDR5||Check Details|
|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti||4 GB||GDDR5||Check Details|
|MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560||4 GB||GDDR5||Check Details|
|ASUS PH-GTX1060-6 GB||6 GB||GDDR5||Check Details|
|MSI Gaming Radeon RX 570||4 GB||GDDR5||Check Details|
|MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1070||8 GB||GDDR5||Check Details|
|NVIDIA GTX 1070Ti||8 GB||GDDR5||Check Details|
|AMD Radeon RX Vega 64||8 GB||GDDR5||Check Details|
- 1 1. ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080Ti AMP Extreme: Best Graphics Card for VR 2018:
- 2 2. MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X SLI: Minimum Graphics Card for VR:
- 3 3. XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition: Cheapest VR Ready Graphics Card.
- 4 4. NVIDIA GTX 1050ti: Best Mini Graphics Card for VR.
- 5 5. MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560 128-bit 4GB GDRR5:
- 6 6. ASUS PH-GTX1060-6 GB: The Best VR Ready GPU.
- 7 7. MSI Gaming Radeon RX 570 256-bit:
- 8 8. MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1070 8GB:
- 9 9. NVIDIA GTX 1070Ti:
- 10 10. AMD Radeon RX Vega 64:
1. ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080Ti AMP Extreme: Best Graphics Card for VR 2018:
Not only a graphics card is important when you are looking forward to VR gaming but maintaining a good frame rate is also very necessary. Well, when it comes to that, there is nothing powerful than GTX 1080Ti which are the final GPU in 1000 series.
Even though Nvidia has introduced its 2000 graphics card series, this product is still viable for its high-end performance. The GPU keeps getting its driver updates so the performance is going to stable. Plus, with all the specs it has, this is going to stay as the best graphics card for VR gaming.
The top specs of this graphics card for VR are:
- This beast features a video memory of 11 GB enough to handle any game.
- A graphics card which is more than ready for VR.
- Also, it is the best option for 4k gaming.
- Though it is already overclocked, you can do your own tweaks as well.
2. MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X SLI: Minimum Graphics Card for VR:
For those who cannot afford GTX 1080Ti, you might want to get the standard version of it. When you have a look at VR requirements on GEFORCE Experience, you realize that even this one is enough and when it is from MSI, it is more than enough.
If you want the best VR experience at a minimal price, you should at least buy this GPU for your pc. As explained before, Nvidia is still releasing driver updates for these graphics cards so you wouldn’t be in trouble with the bugs and game crashes while playing any of the Nvidia titles.
The top specs of this gaming GPU are:
- This standard version only features an 8 GB video memory.
- With GDDR5X technology, one of the best gaming options.
- Good for both VR and 4k gaming at a price you can afford.
- Can run 3 monitors all at the same time easily at 1080p or more.
3. XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition: Cheapest VR Ready Graphics Card.
What AMD does for its fan is quite significant. The other cards mentioned above are still quite expensive and that is when AMD saves the day with XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition which is an economical choice and enables VR ready gaming performance.
Most Nvidia fans would put GTX 1060 against this GPU in VR and other gaming modes. However, the tests have proved this card to be way better than this its competitor. Also, when it comes to the price, this RX 580 graphics card is way ahead of its rival company in this regard.
The top features are:
- This is a special edition of RX 580 from XFX with 8 GB video memory.
- The Virtual Reality gaming experience is enabled and on good frames.
- You can also run some games on 4k and most on 1080p at 60 fps or more.
- The PSU requirement is only 500 watts which are quite cool.
4. NVIDIA GTX 1050ti: Best Mini Graphics Card for VR.
Do you want to run every game that there is and VR in some games as well? Well, it is the time for you to get GTX 1050ti which is quite in the budget and a high-performance GPU. Getting the VR experience using a GPU of this price range is already a blessing for gamers.
Not just the VR experience but this graphics card has proven to be very good for software mining. Yes, it is true if you used to believe otherwise then it is time that you turn the tide and experience something new with this medium-end GTX 1050ti.
Let us move and enlist the features of our number one pick:
- A graphics card you can get in a very good budget.
- This can run any next-gen game in medium to high settings.
- The fps which you will get will be mostly above 50.
- Comes with 4 GB video memory and GDDR5 technology.
5. MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560 128-bit 4GB GDRR5:
For the AMD lovers, we are now bringing RX 560 which is another medium gaming GPU is completing 1050ti. While it does not beat its competitor in most of the games, you could still get the equivalent performance while saving some good money. It is a good medium-budget gaming GPU for VR.
There are gamers who want to get started with gaming but building a pc is way too difficult for them. Even when you have got a smaller budget, you can buy this best graphics card for VR under 200 and have some good time while doing gaming on your medium-end gaming pc.
The top features are:
- This MSI Aero edition for RX 560 is even powerful with 4 GB video memory.
- Running on Windows 10 will give you DX12 support for the games.
- Enjoy the performance of 7000 MHz memory clock and GDDR5 technology.
- Another perfect choice for the gamers @1080p.
6. ASUS PH-GTX1060-6 GB: The Best VR Ready GPU.
Though you will only have to settle for 1080p for all games, even ASUS PH-GTX1060-6G will be enough if all that you need is a smooth VR gaming experience. Based on NVIDIA Pascal architecture for modern graphics, this graphics card for VR by Nvidia has changed the course of gaming by making things quite convenient for the gamers.
For instance, at a very nice price, you can now own a high-end gaming pc by installing this Nvidia GTX 1060 6 GB edition. This would easily run games like AC Origins, Syndicate, and GTA-V on high settings while delivering 60fps on the full HD resolution.
It has the following top features:
- The clock is boosted to 1708 MHZ by Asus in this edition.
- Much better than the reference edition in cooling and performance.
- With two HDMI ports with VR ready gaming performance.
- The GPU II Tweak performance makes it even better.
7. MSI Gaming Radeon RX 570 256-bit:
You can always take a step ahead and if you can increase your budget, you can now enjoy the performance of MSI Gaming Radeon RX 570 256-bit which is an even powerful GPU from AMD. Being an AMD product makes it economical.
This gaming GPU by AMD with 256 bit-rate could deliver much better texture rate and color contrasts. Well, the color performance by AMD is usually better than AMD due to the quality Open GL performance. However, we still have our concerns related to the driver updates which their cards get.
The product has the following top features:
- This GPU is based on GDDR5 technology used in the latest cards.
- The video memory is 4 GB which is enough for the games.
- A memory interface of 256-bit which is enough for the latest games.
- A price which most of you can afford.
8. MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1070 8GB:
Though when we compare the performance of GTX 1070 with GTX 1060, we see that this one is much more powerful. However, it was only ranked here due to the increased price and almost equivalent VR performance with a few more advantages.
GTX 1070 is the only GPU which takes you closer to the VR performance of GTX 1080, however, at a price which is much lower. Even though the prices have significantly increased over the last couple of months but you can still get this best gaming card for VR experience.
The top features of the product are:
- A much faster gaming graphics unit based on GDDR5X technology.
- The video memory is 8 GB which is more than enough for any game.
- Can handle 4 monitors at the same time running at 1080p.
- VR Ready enabled and 4k gaming as well as in most games.
9. NVIDIA GTX 1070Ti:
Not that we are NVIDIA’s fanboys or something which these devices definitely deserve these rankings. So the next on the list is 1070ti which is there to give you mastery over 1440p gaming. Being in the middle of 4k, VR, and 1080p, you can increase your budget a little for a significant upgrade of performance.
It has the following top features:
- It is the time to master a gaming resolution of 1440p.
- The card features an 8 GB GDDR5 video memory for gaming.
- This has some heating issues which would be the only con.
- One of the most economical gaming solutions as compared to performance.
10. AMD Radeon RX Vega 64:
For the last pick, here is another product of the same category. However, the driver support for RX Vega 64 being the latest model is much better than Vega 56 and here we are with our 10th pick for the list. Even though the graphics cards by AMD mostly run behind Nvidia’s products, these are pretty affordable.
Also, with this new AMD Radeon, RX Vega 64 has reached quite higher bars when it comes to gaming and VR performance. The benchmarks of the latest games run on this card on highest settings were at 60 fps on the full HD resolution.
Its top features are mentioned:
- No difference in video memory that is 8 GB HMB2.
- The benchmarks results in all games were really impressive.
- Being an AMD product, energy consumption is always high.
- At 1080p and VR, 60 and more fps are guaranteed for all games.
So, our conclusion is that if you were looking for Best Graphics Cards For VR in 2020 then you should go for ZOTAC GeForce GTX. But if it doesn’t fulfill your needs then you can also consider the other ones. If you still have any confusion, you can ask in the comments section below.